Staff Meeting Summary
Director Ken Fugal shared the following message:
When we think of ways to influence others, especially our own family members…stories are a powerful way of doing this. We need to write our own story, and have written the stories of our fathers and mothers…and our grandparents. Think of the influence they have had on your life… their faith and trials…and the blessings they received and the legacy they left us. Look for stories of goodness and kindness, of perserverance…stories you can share with your children and grandchildren.
1. Staff Changes
* We welcome Alma Silitto from the Lakeview 5th Ward. Alma has done considerable research with Mexican records and speaks Spanish. She will be serving on the Monday morning shift.
* We welcome Penee Arnett from the Vineyard 2nd Ward. Penee will be serving on the Tuesday evening shift.
2. Next month’s staff training will be on helping patrons to add and use an LDS Ancestry subscription. LDS accounts for partner web sites are now available from the FamilySearch website. Go to the Help Center. Click on Partners, Our Partners and then the subscription you want to set up. You need to be signed in the FamilySearch to do this. If you need help before the October training call Cheryl Fugal.
3. We are the process of adding some family appropriate materials to our Center. If you have suggestions or comments, please contact Joy Stubbs.
We encourage our staff members to attend the classes. They are wonderful resources to help you be an effective staff member and ward family history consultant.
* September 16, 11 AM and September 18, 7 PM, Newspaper Research- Marilyn Thomsen.
* October 2, 7 PM and October 7, 10 AM, 11 AM, Using Free Affiliated Apps-Sheryl Kempton
* October 16, 7 PM and October 21, 11 AM, My Heritage- Joy Stubbs
1. Our Family History Mission in South Africa- Stan and Eileen Kraczek from Lakeview 5th Ward shared their experiences serving as family history missionaries.
2. My Heritage- Joy Stubbs My Heritage Website
For Your Information:
1. Each of our stakes has a high councilor over family history who is assigned to work with the Family History Center. The directors meet with these high councilors quarterly to do training and discuss staffing.
Cherry Hill- Graham Norris
Lakeview- Chris Walker
Sunset Heights- Ed Ryan
Vineyard- Vaughn Worthen
2. To schedule youth groups please contact Rod and Pat Cuthbert. Suggestions for youth activities are on the blog under Scheduling Groups.
3. If someone from your shift isn’t at the staff meeting please take a few minutes to go over what was learned.
4. Make sure you have signed up to follow our blog in order to get the follow up emails about the staff training.
Next Staff Meeting:
October 14, 2014
Oct 4, General Conference
Oct 31, Halloween, closed after 4 pm
Nov 26, closed after 1 pm- Nov 28, Thanksgiving
Dec 22-Jan 1, Christmas