July 8, 2014 Staff Meeting Summary
Director Ken Fugal shared a quote from President Eyring:
“You are called to represent the Savior. Your voice to testify becomes the same as His voice, your hands to lift
the same as His hands. His work is to bless His Father’s spirit children with the opportunity to choose eternal
life. So, your calling is to bless lives.
“Your call has eternal consequences for others and for you. In the world to come, thousands may call your name
blessed, even more than the people you serve here. They will be the ancestors and the descendants of those who
chose eternal life because of something you said or did, or even what you were.
“The Lord will guide you by revelation just as He called you. You must ask in faith for revelation to know what
you are to do.” (Henry B. Eyring, “Rise to Your Call,” Ensign, Nov. 2002, 76)
1. New staff members Mary Ann and Dee Hardman from the Vineyard 2nd Ward were welcomed. They will be serving with Pat and Rod Cuthbert on Monday afternoons.
2. Jed Robinson announced that the Church’s new indexing program is in beta testing and will be ready near the end of this year. The old program will remain active after that until all the current projects are completed. Jed also announced that we are invited to participate in the Worldwide Indexing Event beginning 6:00 p.m. mountain daylight time on Sunday, July 20. It ends 24 hours later, 5:59 p.m. MDT on Monday, July 21. The goal is to achieve the most indexing ever done in a 24 hour period.
3. Don Kimball went over the new sign in procedures. Please refer to the email sent out regarding this.
4, Missionaries have been given access to the Center when it is closed. The guidelines for their use are posted in the Center.
- July 15, 11 AM and July 17, 7 PM, British Research Cheryl Fugal
- August 5, 11 AM and August 7, 7 PM, Cleaning Up the Family Tree– Marilyn Thomsen
- August 19, 11 AM and August 21, 7 PM, Bookmarking Favorite Sites– Susan Cosney
1. Working with Patrons-How to help when you don’t think you can-Pat Cuthbert
Pat and the staff generated ideas on where staff members can go for help if they can’t answer a patron’s question. Some ideas were, ask other staff members on your shift, use the specialist list on our blog and go to the FamilySearch Get Help, WIKI or Learning Center. If all else fails call FamilySearch! One point made was to make sure when you ask another staff member for help, that you stay with your patron, learn from what is being said and then you continue to work with that patron.
2. Descendancy Research- Sharlene Gardner
For Your Information:
- Idea from Joy Stubbs- During a ward presentation on Family History, Joy passed around clipboards that said: “Sign up to receive help from one of our ward consultants in your home.” This might be something you could do in your wards when there is a presentation on Family History.
- The Center door key pad code will remain the same. Also, we will continue to use the key for the auxiliary room. The Church no longer installs keypads in church buildings as they are moving to a fob system.
- Please remember to turn off the fans in both rooms when closing the Center.
- If you have not received the email invitation to sign up for the LDS logins for the partner websites you can go to the following URL : http://tinyURL.com/ldeeqjn
Next Staff Meeting:
August 12, 2014