At the beginning of staff meeting Director Ken Fugal gave a word of encouragement for those working at the Family History Center. He said, “Family history consists of 4 areas: searching out our ancestry to find names to take to the temple, writing our family histories, indexing names and attending the Temple. Three of these can be done while we are working at the Center if we are not assisting a patron.”
January 2014 Staff Meeting Summary
Monthly Business: Ken Fugal
Introduction of new staff:
Russell DeSpain, Vineyard 5th Ward, Wednesday evening
For Your Information:
* Staff beginning a shift should make sure everyone who has left from the previous shift has logged out.
* Please let us know if announcements about the Family History Center classes are not appearing in your ward bulletin.
* Make sure the Center is tidy before you leave. There is now a sticky broom located in the back closet to pick up lint on the carpet.
1. Microfilms, Boy Scout Merit Badge and Trek– Cheryl Fugal Microfilms and Microfiche at the Sunset Heights FHC
2. Working with Patrons– Pat Cuthbert Helping Patrons, Jan 2014
3. Life Sketches and change on Family Tree– Joy Stubbs Loving change in Family History
Staff members are encouraged to attend the classes offered at the Center.
World Vital Records by Bob Gunnell – Thurs Jan 16 at 7 pm or Tues Jan 21 at 11am
Indexing by Jed Robinson- Tues Feb 4th at 11 am or Thurs Feb 6th at 7 pm
Ancestry 1 by Cheryl Fugal – Tues Feb 18 at 11 am or Thurs Feb 20 at 7 pm
Clearing Names for Temple Work and Printing FORs by Lana and Dennis Herre- Tues Mar 4th at 11 am or Thurs Mar 6 at 7 pm
Ancestry 2 by Cheryl Fugal – Tues Mar 18 at 11 am or Thurs Mar 20 at 7 pm
Writers Workshop every Wed at 3 pm by Henry Miles
- Jan 20, Martin Luther King Day
- Feb 17, President’s Day