Dear Sunset Heights FHC Staff,
We hope you are enjoying your summer and time off from the Center. We plan to have at least 2 small group training sessions on FamilySearch and Ancestry. The dates will be:
Tuesday, July 30 7 pm FamilySearch/ Family Tree Helps. Allan Hale will help us out with Family Tree.
Tuesday, August 20 7 pm Ancestry Helps
These will be at our home, 663 West 850 South, Orem. We will be able to accommodate up to 8 people so let us know right away if you would like to participate. We may add additional sessions if there is a need. Please call at 801-221-4774 or email us email@example.com if you wish to attend.
We encourage you to keep your skills sharp and be even better prepared next fall to serve our patrons. Here are some suggestions:
1. Use FamilySearch and Family Tree a lot. Explore both sites. Try everything out. Search in a variety of ways. Add sources to the source box and tag them. Add photos and stories. Correct misinformation. Add information. Have fun!
2. Stay current with what is happening in family history. Take a look at the FamilySearch blog at https://familysearch.org/blog/en
3. Decide on an approach you will take when helping drop in patrons get started with their family history, using FamilySearch effectively, and learning Family Tree basics. The Church has produced helpful basic training videos in all of these areas. We ask you to review the following videos and then decide how you will use them to help patrons.
- Log in to FamilySearch.org and scroll to the bottom of the home page, click About. Read through the page and watch the video.
- Under Get Help in the upper right, click on Help Center and then on Getting Started. You can also get to Getting Started by clicking on Get Started on the home page. Watch the videos, Discover Your Family, Explore Your Family Tree, and Find Your Ancestors.
4. The Sunset Heights FHC blog is under construction. The Information and Help formerly on the FHC desktops will be on the blog. This will make it accessible from both from the center computers and from your home computers at https://sunsetheightsfhc.wordpress.com/ . Visit the blog periodically to note the changes.
Enjoy your summer, your families and family history!
Cheryl and Ken Fugal